Dating bilston diggy simmons who is he dating
According to the Hearth Tax Returns in 1665, Willenhall comprised 136 households and 894 persons.
The population did not increase dramatically until the 18th century when iron and coal began to be fully exploited.
Willenhall was a small agricultural village throughout the Middle Ages.
From Tudor times, the natural mineral wealth began to be exploited with ore being sent out to charcoal furnaces in nearby Cannock Chase.
To reflect a growth in civic pride, several municipal buildings were erected: the Town Hall and Library building in Clemson Street in 1866, and a public baths in 1938.
The clock in the Market Place was erected in 1892 by public subscription to the memory of Joseph Tonks, who was a doctor working in the town post-cholera.
Willenhall suffered its very own great fire in 1659, when most of the town centre was devastated.
However, the club soon fell into financial problems and went into liquidation in 1930.
In the Middle Ages, Willenhall was included in the parish of St. Although there was a church in the village, people would have to travel to Wolverhampton for weddings and funerals. The present church is the third on the site, dating from 1867.
It was not until 1840 that Willenhall had a parish church. The River Tame flows through the churchyard and was until recent years one of the few places where the water surfaced.
Re-building where money allowed was in brick; The Bell Inn Public House being a good surviving example from 1660, although now closed for business and in the ownership of a local heritage trust (the Willenhall Townscape Heritage Initiative).
Willenhall's first workhouse opened in 1741 adjacent to what is now Upper Lichfield St; it was in operation for 100 years before merging with Wolverhampton. Poor housing and lack of any proper sanitation led to a cholera epidemic in 1849 when 292 people died.You can register for free and search the site safely, securely and anonymously right now.